KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian billionaire Vincent Tan is exploring an IPO of British soccer team Cardiff City for as early as this year, people with knowledge of the matter told Reuters, in a deal that would follow the team's recent promotion to the Premier League.
PARIS/LONDON - Gulf telecom operator Etisalat has offered a higher price for Vivendi's Maroc Telecom stake than rival Qatari bidder Ooredoo , according to two people familiar with the matter.
TOKYO - Japan's Dai-ichi Life Insurance Co Ltd has agreed to buy a 40 percent stake in Panin Life from the parent of the Indonesian insurer for around 30 billion yen ($295 million), a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
MADRID - Spanish nationalized lender Bankia is close to completing the sale of City National Bank of Florida for about $900 million, a banking source involved in the negotiations said.
SEOUL/HONG KONG - Kyobo Life Insurance, South Korea's third-largest insurer, said on Friday it had made a bid for a controlling stake in ING's South Korean insurance unit, breathing new life into a delayed deal previously valued at roughly $2 billion.
NEW YORK - Activist investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management Inc have initiated talks with banks and asset managers to line up commitments for as much as $7 billion in bridge loans to back their leveraged recapitalization proposal for Dell Inc, banking sources told Thomson Reuters LPC on Thursday.
- Google Inc is considering buying Israeli mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze Inc, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook Inc, Bloomberg news reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK - Sprint Nextel and SoftBank Corp said on Thursday they had received all necessary state regulatory approvals for the Japanese company's proposed $20.1 billion purchase of 70 percent of Sprint.
MADRID - Spain's Caixabank may sell around 10 percent of Grupo Financiero Inbursa , a Mexican bank controlled by tycoon Carlos Slim, in response to renewed pressure to shed investments and bulk up capital.
DUBLIN - Elan rejected Royalty Pharma's increased $6.4 billion bid on Thursday, shortly after the U.S. firm cut the acceptance bar for its latest offer to 50 percent plus one share.
- Finance: Spanish lender Ibercaja takes over Caja 3
- Technology: Hulu video site auction attracts four bidders: sources
- Healthcare: Hospital firms say research tie-ups can clinch takeovers
- Consumer: Apax Partners to take rue21 private in $1.1 billion deal
- Energy: India's Essar Oil to sign $1 billion debt-for-fuel deal with China
- Industrials: Dover to spin off communication businesses
- M&A: UPDATE 1-News Corp's publishing business to initiate stock buyback
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-Fear of art sale sparked by Detroit emergency manager asking for appraisal
- IPOs: BRIEF-Lombard Medical tech to raise 21 mln stg through placing, subscription
- Private Capital: EU mergers and takeovers (May 24)
- Hedge Funds: Toscafund bullish on UK economy and stock market
- Regulatory: Manitoba Telecom to sell fiber optic network to Accelero
- Exclusive: Malaysia tycoon plans IPO of football club Cardiff City - sources - Fox Business
- Activists rally against potential LA Times sale to Koch brothers - Los Angeles Times
- Nomura, Morgan Stanley Said to Be Lead Banks for Suntory IPO - Bloomberg
- New shows going on sale: The Wanted, Howie Mandel, Styx, more - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Bankia nears sale of Florida bank for $900 million: source - Reuters
- Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions - Reuters
- Woori Names New Chairman Ahead of Stake Sale - Fox Business
- Sears losses mount, weighs sale of unit to shore up liquidity - Reuters
- Durable goods orders rise, point to factory resilience
- Syria opposition struggles to forge transition plan before talks
- Blasts, shooting in center of Afghan capital
- Kerry says Israelis, Palestinians must make tough decisions
- Obama seeks end to perpetual U.S. 'war on terror' |
- North Korea says will take 'positive steps' for peace
- Truck crash may have caused Washington state bridge collapse |
- British security services in spotlight after soldier murder |
- U.S. casts doubt on credibility of Iranian election
- Group linked to Algeria gas plant attack claims Niger raids